Our team is looking for an experienced workshop in-charge to manage our in house fabrication projects. You’ll supervise our foremen, supervisors and ensure projects are delivered on time. As a workshop in-charge, your job duties will also include allocating and monitoring available resources.
This role requires excellent communication skills, as you’ll collaborate with various people, such as labors, foremen, supervisors, and engineers. In order to succeed, it’s important to know how to implement quality, health, and safety standards onsite.
If you are organized, able to work well under pressure and have experience in this field, we’d like to meet you.
- Collaborate with engineers, subcontractors, etc. to determine project execution procedures.
- Set performance goals and deadlines to fabrication teams.
- Plan fabrication processes to ensure seamless utilization of resources and machinery.
- Supervise subordinates and provide constructive feedback.
- Monitor and report on project progress as requested by project engineers and project managers.
- Implement and ensure adherence to safety and quality guidelines.
- Order the appropriate equipment and arrange for regular maintenance.
- Keep track of material availability and restocking requirements.
- Ensure the job site remains safe, clean, and orderly.
- Resolve on-site issues and emergencies.
Requirements and skills
- Previous experience as a Workshop In-charge or in a similar role.
- Knowledge of local quality, safety, and health guidelines for fabrication industry.
- In-depth understanding of fabrication processes, and materials.
- Excellent engineering drawing / technical documentation reading and interpretation ability.
- Familiarity with CAD software.
- Proficiency in MS Office.
- Organizational and time-management skills.
- Ability to lead and inspire others.
- Minimum diploma in Mechanical Engineering or relevant field.
To apply for this job email your details with subject indicating the position applied to email@example.com