We are looking for an experienced Project Manager to plan and supervise a wide range of construction projects from start to finish. You will organize and oversee construction procedures and ensure they are completed in a timely and efficient manner.
An excellent Construction Project Manager must be well-versed in all construction methodologies and procedures and able to coordinate a team of professionals of different disciplines to achieve the best results. The ideal candidate will have an analytical mind and great organizational skills.
The goal will be to ensure all projects are delivered on time according to requirements and without exceeding budget.
- Collaborate with engineers, consultants, etc. to determine the specifications of the project.
- Negotiate contracts with external vendors to reach profitable agreements.
- Obtain permits and licenses from appropriate authorities.
- Determine needed resources (manpower, equipment and materials) from start to finish with attention to budgetary limitations.
- Plan all construction operations and schedule intermediate phases to ensure deadlines will be met.
- Acquire equipment and material and monitor stocks to timely handle inadequacies.
- Hire contractors and other staff and allocate responsibilities.
- Supervise the work of internal project stakeholders and give them guidance when needed.
- Evaluate progress and prepare detailed reports.
- Ensure adherence to all health and safety standards and report issues.
Requirements and skills
- Proven experience as project manager not less than 3 years along with a total relevant experience not less than 8 years.
- In-depth understanding of construction procedures and material and project management principles.
- Familiarity with quality and health and safety standards.
- Good knowledge of MS Office.
- Familiarity with construction/ project management software.
- Outstanding communication and negotiation skills.
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills.
- A team player with leadership abilities.
- BS/BE in Mechanical Engineering or relevant field.
- PMP or equivalent project management certification will be an advantage.
To apply for this job email your details with subject indicating the position applied to firstname.lastname@example.org